Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Road to the Half, and Boob Issues ;)

You know that drew you in!

So, I am not one for New Year's resolutions, but I do have a goal for this year. I will run a half marathon. 13.1 miles. And I will run (jog...) it, not walk. That is the plan. I ran in high school, and that is about it. I don't necessarily love running, but I want to do this. I take that back, when it is just me, my Ipod, and a road, I do love it. I love the feeling I get when I get home after a run. And hopefully I will love the feeling of accomplishing this goal! If I can get there...

I started running sometime in early December and seemed to get a really good start. I was able to get to 4 miles pretty quickly, with just a couple of very short walking breaks. Then I got mastitis. Seriously. With a 10 month old baby, I got mastitis. I did everything right, fed her right before the run, took off my sports bras right after the run, etc. But there I was, in pain and sick as a dog. Ok, so fast forward a month, and I got it again. Worse. Ava is only nursing 4 times a day at this point. How can I still be getting this?! Anyhow, now I am scared. I cannot get it again. I will die. Ok, maybe not, but I will be miserable.

So she is down to nursing 3 times a day now, and I plan do drop one more session next week. Do I just wait til she is weaned totally? That could be 2 more months. And that almost guarantees that I won't be able to run the Music City 1/2. Anyways, I am stuck in my head. I was so gung ho about it, and was doing so good, running about 3-4 times a week. Now I feel like I have lost momentum, and the desire to get out there.

So Matt is off on Monday, and I will be done with my antibiotics, and also it will have been a week since we dropped the 4th nursing session. So Monday, I will run. And if I get mastitis... well, I don't know. I will be mad I guess, but I have to try!

So much rambling! Here is a picture to reward you if you got this far:

No comments:

Post a Comment