Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sweet Treat swap time!

My friend Rachel does a sweet treat swap every year. I always rack my brain to think of what to make. This year I decided to attempt Bakerella's cake pops. I am doing Santa hats and reindeer. Here is the finished product of the santa hats.

Are they perfect??? Ummmmmm, negative. But it was fun and pretty easy. I can see that it would get better with practice.

So the "recipe" is as follows:

One cake, from a box, made into a 9x13 cake. Cool and crumble.
Mix with one can frosting. You may not quite use the entire can.

Roll into triangles, or whatever shape that is....

I stuck mine in the freezer when they were done, cause I knew I wasn't going to be able to finish the same day.

So then you get a lot of colors of candy melts.

I dipped the ends into white, and then put white sprinkles on that part. Stuck on a stick and then put into a Styrofoam block to "dry". Then dip triangle end into the red, and put a marshmallow on top.

Rumor has it they will stay for quite a few days at room temp.

Next adventure: Reindeer....

Oh and I made these with the extra candy melts. I mean, just for fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment