Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy First Birthday Olivia!




I cannot believe it is finally here. This year has flown by, for sure. When I woke up this morning, I said to Matt, "this time last year, we were in a hospital room, and after 2 hours of sleep and a C-section, they brought Olivia in to nurse. She was so tiny!" In so many ways it feels like yesterday, but it also feels like she has been here forever. 

Of all the fun ideas I have read about doing for birthdays, the one that stuck out to me was to write a letter to Olivia every year and seal it, then when she turns 18, she can read them all. Matt and I will both write her one. I think it's a sweet idea!

Here are some more birthday pictures, and there are tons more to come from the festivities this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea about the letter! And I TOTALLY understand what you're saying about the contradiction in how long it feels that she's been around. It's the same for me. I hope her birthday was fantastic and I hope that tomorrow goes smoothly for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT picture! Itsn't it amazing how much they change the first year? :)Happy Birthday Olivia!

    ReplyDelete